Last updated: May 8, 2013.
We are strongly committed to preserving online privacy for all of our web site visitors, including children. Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using our website.
Collection of Personal Information.
We receive and store any information you enter on our website via ordering, or give us in any other way. As a result of these orders, Revention receives and collects certain personal information about our users, which may include name, address, zip code, phone number, credit card numbers, email address, and order history.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we use “cookies” and obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses our website.
In some instances, our website may include various location-based features, such as determining your state and country origin. To provide these location-based features, Revention and the restaurants may collect, use and share your location data, including the real-time geographic location of your mobile device.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
Revention only shares personal information as described below:
- Revention will send your personal and other order information to the restaurants you order from using our system
- Revention may provide personal information to our vendors and suppliers when necessary
- Revention may share certain personal information with our affiliates in order to complete transactions
- Revention may transfer personal information to any successor in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of our business or assets (whether by way of stock sale, asset sale, merger, business combination, reorganization or otherwise)
- Revention may disclose your personal information if it is necessary in order to provide products or services to you, including purchaser verification, authentication, geolocation and authorization for any orders (and contacting you when necessary), and (vi) Revention may release personal information to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any user agreement, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Revention, users and clients, or others.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use industry-standard technical safeguards and an employee code of conduct and training to help ensure the integrity and privacy of your personal information. Only authorized Revention employees, agents and independent contractors are permitted to access your personal information, and all such employees, agents and independent contractors must agree to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information in accordance with our policies.
Use of “Cookies” or Other Data Collection Tool.
Links to Third Party Websites.
For your convenience we may provide links to other web sites and web pages that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites or pages not under our control and we do not endorse any of these websites or pages, the services or products described or offered on such sites or pages, or any of the content contained on those sites or pages.
Revention’s customer service representatives may occasionally contact you by email, with your permission, to gather information about your experiences with Revention’s service. These surveys are intended to help Revention give you the best possible customer service.
We will not send you promotional e-mails without your permission. You may choose to stop receiving surveys and/or promotional emails at any time by following the instructions in such emails for opting out of our email list.
Updates to this Policy.
Last updated: September 7, 2021.
Collection of Information
We collect various information on our behalf from and about you, including information you directly provide when you use the Messaging Service. For example, we collect the phone number and email address you provided when signing up for the Messaging Service. When you send messages via the Messaging Service, we will also collect your messaging history and any information included in those messages.
We may also collect information about you using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your device. Cookies enable personalization of your experience on the Messaging Service (e.g., sending you personalized text messages such as shopping cart reminders).
If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, research study, or email survey associated with the Messaging Service, we will collect basic contact information and any other information you choose to provide in connection with these activities. We will also collect your contact information if you contact us with questions about the Messaging Service or for customer service.
Use of Information
We use your information to deliver, analyze, maintain and support the Messaging Service. We may also use your information to enhance the Messaging Service features and customize and personalize your experiences on the Messaging Service.
Sharing of Information
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information, if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third parties to help us provide the Messaging Service to you.
- Legal Requirement and Protection of Attentive and Others: We may disclose your information as we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to: (i) comply with applicable law and legal processes; (ii) respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iii) enforce a contract with us; (iv) protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (v) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
From time to time, we may share aggregate or de-identified information about use of the Messaging Service and such aggregated or de-identified information may be shared with any third party, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Protection of Information
We take a variety of physical, technical, administrative, and organizational security measures based on the sensitivity of the information we collect to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, no online activity can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
Retention of Information
We retain your information for as long as you participate in the Messaging Service or as needed to comply with applicable legal obligations. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to resolve disputes, protect us and our customers, and enforce our agreements.
Choices and Controls
Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. You can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages via the Messaging Service by responding to any of our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT. For additional opt-out information, please review our Terms.
If you are experiencing any problems with the Messaging Service, please visit https://support.attentivemobile.com/help/ and submit the form with details about your problem or your request for support, or email [email protected].